Dear caring partners struggling with accepting your partners job,
Your concern, insecurity and confusion are understandable. We live in a society where sex work is misunderstood and relationships are defined by certain boundaries that don’t take what we do into account.
I can’t speak for everyone, but let me offer you how it is for some of us.
We are just doing a job. Sometimes our bodies react to the physical goings on but the truth is, we wouldn’t be doing this if we weren’t getting paid. This is not sex as it exists between you and I, partner. This is a business transaction. When I am doing my job, I am pleasuring my client with a fantasy; not just about the situation going on between us but a fantasy of who I am.
The client doesn’t get me, they get the persona. The character. They get the false lashes and the hair extensions and the layers of makeup and the shape-wear and the fake laughter and the voice raised three decibels to sound more girly and vacuous.
You get the real me.
You get me bare faced, unshaven, having sex with you because I want you. Because you turn me on, because I care about you and want to be intimate with you. My pleasure is real with you. Sex work doesn’t change that, in fact, it just confirms it.
Sometimes I need to be left alone and don’t want to be touched; I need to own my own body. I am touched and grabbed and bending over and bucking and swinging my hips all day in uncomfortable shoes, and I need to get back into my body, the real me. It’s a peculiarity of sex work, and it has nothing to do with you. When this happens, I just need you to offer me that space and give me time to come back. Understand how taxing my job is. Listen to me when I tell you these things, trust me, because without trust we have nothing anyway.
Partner, you don’t need to feel threatened by my job. Don’t listen to society, listen to me.
174 Notes/ Hide
- nauarcha reblogged this from falconwoman
- nauarcha likes this
- falconwoman reblogged this from sexworkerproblems
- ms-ingenuous likes this
- ibequeenpixie likes this
- glittercash reblogged this from sexworkerproblems
- thehypocrisy likes this
- anonjones likes this
- mskandykash reblogged this from sexworkerproblems and added:
- babyscarlet likes this
- ravenskyexxx reblogged this from sexworkerproblems
- ravenskyexxx likes this
- moodygrass reblogged this from tofuboots
- southerngentlequeer likes this
- disorderanddisarray reblogged this from tofuboots
- green-street-politics reblogged this from sexworkerproblems
- vaginasinapaperbag likes this
- tofuboots reblogged this from maxineholloway
- breakbeat102 likes this
- margaretscratcher reblogged this from brillianthighlights-deepshadows
- samm-wont-be-quiet reblogged this from sexworkerproblems and added:
- batteredgf likes this
- happyari likes this
- moneyathomemom likes this
- darkthoughtsbrightdays likes this
- ragingpeacock likes this
- memoirsofahighschoolsexworker reblogged this from thediaryofviolet
- derive-et-dominate reblogged this from sexworkerproblems
- raellettart likes this
- calaverajoe likes this
- redhead-without-a-tardis likes this
- sheathandshear likes this
- maygpie reblogged this from sexworkerproblems
- goodladyobstacle likes this
- dont-spoop-yourself likes this
- annmarionetteinactive likes this
- thequeerbird likes this
- ebonydecay likes this
- femme-unculus likes this
- itswetter-underthesea reblogged this from memoirsofaworkingprostitute
- cherry-yumdiddlydip reblogged this from addicktionxxx
- mina4u likes this
- ria-cruz likes this
- addicktionxxx reblogged this from memoirsofaworkingprostitute
- cocksucking-accent likes this
- ivy-darling likes this
- deepdowntraumahounds likes this
- escortdomina likes this
- aspiring-sugar likes this